2008 Smart Car FourTwo Complete Build
When we decided to purchase a vehicle for demonstration purposes we had a couple of requirements when looking at vehicles. It needed to be a "Green" vehicle as well as being small enough to fit through the front doors of our shop with ease. The Smart FourTwo Passion was the perfect choice. It also provided us with a great challenge. Install a complete budget minded system in a vehicle without losing any space. While it was a little bit of a challenge, we accomplished it and then some. Our other goal with this vehicle is to show customers we are capable of doing more than just audio related jobs. There were only two things on this complete build that was farmed out to other shops. The paint work was performed by Paradigm Autobody and the seats were upholstered by Kevin's Upholstery. Everything else including the wrapping of the interior panels and installation of the lowering springs and body kit was performed by our techs. We would like to thank the companies who helped us get this vehicle to the level that it is- Paradigm Autobody, Custom Exhaust Specialties, Rockford Fosgate, Kenwood, JL Audio, Dynamat, Hertz/Audison, AutoPage, Les Schwab, Driving Force Graphics, Smart Madness, and Performance Detailing.
- The audio system starts with a Kenwood DNX9140 with all the goodies integrated such as iPod, USB and rear view camera
- Front speakers are Hertz Hi-Energy HSK165 seperates with the mid-bass driver in the door and the tweeters in the windshield pillars in custom built pods
- Dynamat Extreme and Dynaxorbs were used throughout the interior of the vehicle
- An Audison BitOne Processor was used to tune the vehicle. The piece is mounted in a custom built panel on the driver's side of the vehicle. The eye piece is flush mounted in the overhead piece at the top of the windshield
- Amplification is supplied by two RockFord Fosgate Power T400.2 amps. One powers the front speakers while the second one is bridged mono to the subwoofer
- The low end bass is handled by a JL Audio Stealth box for the Smart with a JL 8w3v2 which is mounted up in the passenger side of the dash
- All the wiring was supplied by Audison and Stinger
- Security is handled by an AutoPage RF730 with remote start capabilities
- Both high and low beam headlights were upgraded with HID kits to improve night time driving. Two pair of Vision LED fog lights are custom mounted in the factory locations. One set is for fog while the other set is for driving
- An ESCORT 9500ci is installed throughout the vehicle with the display and control panel for the unit being mounted in a custom built pod on top of the steering column. The panel is wrapped in suede to match the interior
- Every panel in the vehicle is wrapped in either blue or grey suede
- The headlights were opened and painted body color
- A body kit provided by Smart Madness was installed
Again we would like to thank all of our manufactures for their help and we would like to especially thank our local businesses that helped with this project. Most of all we want to thank our techs Brian Anderson, Tim Rank and Todd Dement for all the hard work they put into this vehicle. This is truly a canvas of what you can provide our customers.