2009 Porsche Cayman Audio Upgrades
The owner of this beautiful little Cayman was looking to upgrade the audio system of the car without having to put a sub enclosure in the car. We decided the best thing to do was completely sound deaden the vehicle to cut down on the amount of road and engine noise coming into the vehicle while deadening the doors to allow the upgraded speakers to produce as much low frequency output as possible.
- The headunit was replaced with an Alpine INE-s920HD navigation system. The dash kit was imported from an over seas supplier for a factory fit and finish
- The entire interior minus the roof was sound deadened using Dynamat's Dynalite product. This product is half the weight of the eXtreme product but 80% as effective. Weight is obviously a huge concern in this car when it comes to performance. Once that material was laid down, we then used Dynapad for the floor boards and Dynaliner for the doors.
- Front speakers were upgraded using a set of the Audison VOCE components. These speakers produce some incredible midbass.
- Rear speakers due to the small size were left factory.
- Power is supplied by a JL Audio XD400/4 4 channel amp.