2009 VW EOS Complete Vehicle Build
The EOS by VW is the ultimate year round convertible thanks to it's power retractable hard top. When mated to VW's 2.0 turbo motor it adds a whole new level of fun to your driving experience. This is the latest vehicle to be added to our group of demo cars. The car will be driven on a daily basis so extra precaution was taken when choosing the styling components as well as the audio upgrades. Due to the limited amount of space in the car, a large enclosure could not be built in the trunk. The body kit also had to be durable and mounted better than a factory one would be due to the vehicle being driven in adverse weather at times. Thanks to the techs here at Sounds Fast all of the special requirements were met.
- The head unit was left factory due to the car being equipped with the factory navigation system and iPod kit. We simply added the factory VW Bluetooth kit to the deck.
- An Audison Bit One processor is installed allowing us to completely tune the audio system of the vehicle
- Amplification is handled by a single JL Audio HD900/5 5 channel amp
- Front speakers consist of a Hertz 3-way Hi-Energy component system. The front woofers were mounted into the factory speaker baffles to keep the stock appearance in the doors. Threaded inserts were used for mounting purposes to keep everything factory
- Rear speakers were upgraded with a 2-way Hertz Hi-Energy component system in the same fashion as the front speakers
- For low end bass a single JL Audio 8w7 was used. The sub fires through the factory ski hole
- A custom amp rack and enclosure was built in the trunk. The sub is highlighted with white LED's while the amp and processor are covered in black mesh to match the mesh in the body kit
- To improve the driving experience Carrera Motors installed an APR down pipe and software upgrade. We installed a Carbonio full carbon fiber intake. This complete package gives the car almost 300 HP and over 300 ft. lbs. of torque.
- Custom Exhaust Specialties built the rear section of the exhaust with 3" mandrel bent piping and dual tips
- For better handling and looks we installed H&R lowering springs and Koni adjustable struts
- To improve the already good looks of the car we sourced a polyurethane body kit out of Germany from German tuner ABT. The kit mounts better than a factory unit. We also debadged the car while installing the kit
We have a few other small things planned for the vehicle. Once we have added the new upgrades we will post them here.